Saturday, October 20, 2012

Insomnia + nesting = closet makeover

Ok, after 3 hours of trying to sleep last night I finally took a sleeping pill. But before that I decided to organize batteries in the junk drawer (I'm really grasping at straws to find ways to nest at this point). Anyway, I came across some old curtain hooks we used to use in the living room. Then in the next 10 minutes I came up with no less than 50 ways to re-use them. All of which I woke my husband up to tell him about. Since I only had about 12 I had to really cut back on what exactly I was going to use them for so at this point in time I've only tackled 2 of the ideas I had. First, I hung them in my closet and attached scarves to them since fall is here and having my scarves organized will hopefully help me to remember to accessorize! Second idea was for the nursery closet. In the nursery we do not have any drawers, so I have been looking for ways to make sure that the outfits stay together. So really simple, I hooked the opening over the hanger that has the shirt on it, put the pant hanger through and even used the clip to attach the matching hat. Baby pant hangers must be in short supply because I didn't have any more of those, but for outfits without matching hats I just used the clip to clip the matching pants with the top on the hanger. I think this will also come in handy helping my husband dress the baby, since unlike me he doesn't have all the baby outfits memorized, and he would not even know that certain shirts have matching pants and I can see him just grabing everything.

Other potential uses I have in mind if I come across any more (for old shower hooks too!)
1. Slide across bottom of a hanger and clip baseball caps to
2. Slide across bottom of a hanger and place in entry way closet to hook winter scarves/hats onto. My current system involves them shoved in a bag on the floor.
3. Slide across bottom of a hanger and use clips to hang my clutches from. I don't think they would be strong enough or open wide enough to clip purses this way.
4. Slide across bottom of a hanger and place in laundry room to clip baby clothes to in order to dry. In my first attempt at washing onsies I shrunk them all but it's not exactly like you can put them on hangers to air dry.
5. Slide across bottom of a hanger and clip my dogs sweater vest collection onto. My dog is awful at keeping his clothes folder in neat piles!

Ok I know that only totals 7 ideas so far, not the 50 I mentioned. But it was after midnight and I didn't write anything down. If you have any other ideas feel free to leave them in the comment section!

No comments:

Post a Comment