Saturday, January 2, 2016

Almost there...week 3 of no spend month

Half way through and I'm heading into week 3 of no spend month!

How did week 2 go? Well I was able to clear out all the baby items and made a list for what we absolutely NEED to purchase before baby arrives. Pretty much some bottle nipples, bibs and pacifiers and we will be all set. I'm hoping that people gift us some cute boy clothes and blankets because those are on my list of "wants"...and also my daughter has made if very clear that baby 2 needs his own blankies. 

If you check out my last post you will see that I spent time selling clothing via apps and made some cash. Tomorrow is the launch of a higher end consignment store where I have about 20 items for sale. I'm hoping to generate some income there! Women's items that didn't sell on Poshmark I'm taking to Style Encore to sell for some quick cash and get these items out of my house. 

I did purchase a few items. For one, I was asked to be a godmother for 2 babies and the first baptism is this month. I work from home so I have been slumming it in yoga pants. I made it to 30 weeks pregnant but I'll need a dress. I was able to score a used dress in great condition that I can wear to both events. I also bought my daughter a dress that will get used for both baptisms, Easter and future baby newborn photos and it was a steal for $17 from JCrew's clearance section. Ok, I sound like I'm justifying those purchases but we did need them. Did we need the milkshakes we got earlier in the week? That depends if you think a pregnant woman should be deprived of a milkshake ;) I guess I didn't realize my 3 year old daughter never had a milkshake before either, and it was like the best night of her life. 

This week I want to look into an app that will allow me to take pictures of my clothes and inventory them. This way I can work to mix and match outfits and find out what I never wear. I'll start with spring items since that is when I will finally be out of maternity clothes. This way I'll know what I wore a lot vs. never and can bring items to a cash for clothing place and unload items. Hey, while I'm not spending money this month, might as well use my free time to find ways to save money through out the house...and frankly I keep a lot of money hanging in my closet ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment