Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Trunk Club - Trunk #5 Reveal


Trunk #5 is here! This one was a little different, I sent my stylist my wishlist from Nordstrom, and she filled in the blanks with her own picks. I asked for some color and texture as well. I have to say, this was a good lesson in stylist knows best! My picks were pretty much all misses. In fact, a lot of these items I wanted to keep, but they were too similar to things I had in my closet, even though I liked the stylists pick better. So lesson learned to just wait and see
what I am sent instead of shopping on my own!



Let's start with a sneak peek into my box, along with the price sheet. 








My first look is the Halogen Cowl Neck Sweater dress ($79) , Treasure&Bond Plaid Poncho ($79) and the Kate Spade reversible leather belt ($58):



Verdict: Keeping the poncho and the belt. These were actually on my wishlist, the belt specifically, and another similar poncho. The dress was nice, heavy and comfy, but as you can see in the picture on the right where I'm styling the poncho, I have a maroon dress already. The poncho looks great over my Trouve layering tee with some skinny jeans as well as over a cotton dress. 

Next up is the Denison Stripe Trapeze Dress ($100) and the Calson Knit Tunic ($59).





Verdict: Return both. I was way to tall to wear the dress as a dress and it looked frumpy over some denim leggings. The Calson tunic was a pick of mine but I didn't like how the pockets laid on my thighs, brought too much attention to that area. 

One of my favorite looks was the Trouve Stretch Crepe Moto Jacket ($129) and the V-Neck Mixed Media Top by Pleione ($48). 



Verdict: UGHHH first world problems, I have a super similar look in my closet. I love how structured this jacket is. I received a similar top in my last trunk, also black and white so even though this is a great look it's going back. I told my stylist I am so sad and from now on I wait and buy through her! This jacket is way better than the one in my closet but I am stuck with that one. 

Next up is the sweater dresses from Madewell ($118) and Halogen ($89).  





Verdict: Nope, nope, nope. The color on the dress is awful with my skin tone. It had flared sleeves and ribbing and overall was a dated look in my opinion. The blue dress was ok, but had a pretty deep v-neck. Even my necklace that usually hangs low barely makes it below the v-neck. This straight cut isn't a great look for me anyway with my c-section belly. 

Last look is this Knit Cowl Tunic by Calson (49.90 - sale!) 




Verdict: Sending back. This was just ok on me, I'm tall and the pockets hit a little high on me. Doesn't look like a tunic at all on me, but if you are shorter it would likely fall nicely on you. I liked the print on this though!

Finally, these are items with no photos I received. BLANKNYC Faux Moto Jacket ($98), Asher Cashmere Sweater ($288), Sorel Waterproof boot ($68.95 - sale!).

Verdict: The jacket I received in a different color in my last trunk. It's too stiff for me. The sweater I didn't even try on because at that price I didn't want to fall in love. The boots were a pick of mine, but fit so odd around the ankles. All going back. 

What do you think? If you are interested in matching up with my stylist for a trunk of your own, click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment