Monday, September 25, 2017

Nordstrom personal shopper review

I have two business trips coming up so I decided pretty last minute I needed to find some business clothes I felt comfortable in (not the case for the items in my closet pre babies). Also, I have 2 "work" dresses I typically can get away with re-wearing since I'm at different meetings with different clients, but my upcoming trips are both 3 days long with the same people, so my two dresses wouldn't get me too far. I typically use Trunk Club and love their service and my stylist, however, there was no time to receive a trunk and then see what worked or not and send things back. I also worried that the business items from trunk club would be more then I wanted to spend.

So after some browsing on the Nordstrom site, I went ahead and filled out the form for a personal stylist session. Super easy to do! I indicted I'm ok with an email or phone call, and the stylist will reach out before the appointment.

The day before I did receive a call from my stylist. He asked for sizes, what I was looking for, what brands I liked and what my budget was. I indicated I wanted mix and match business casual looks that I could feel comfortable in all day at a meeting and on a plane ride. I also explained I typically work from home and wear yoga pants so I wasn't sure where to start in terms of business casual and how to make it work for me, since I haven't been in an office setting since pre kids. I also stated I needed mix and match items to get me through 6 days of meetings with the same people.

I arrived and the dressing room was set up with some outfits paired together, along with some separates. I did send the stylist pictures of items from my wish list, I wasn't set in stone with any. But wanted to give him an idea where my head was at. He picked some items from that list and filled in from there. The room included shoes, a bag and accessories as well. It was awesome to see a "full look" but my closet is jammed packed with those items already!

My appointment was for an hour. And I did not try on everything. Some items were a no because of the look right off the bat. I did try on anything I wasn't sure about or maybe wouldn't have picked for myself. I also did not pay attention to price because I felt like if I loved something maybe there was a cheaper option somewhere (even if not at Nordstrom). I did not feel any pressure into buying a certain amount. That being said, stylists work off comission and so I wouldn't go into this apppointment if I wasn't planning on spending money, but that's just my take.

In the end I felt like I went through a workout! I loved three of the outfits that were put together and paired up and purchased those, along with additional items to mix and match. To my surprise only one of the items I purchased was from my wish list! The sizing was right on, I said a M for flowy tops and a L for anything more form fitting to cover the baby pooch, and this was 100% taken into account. I'll admit I was a little worried because the stylist was a young guy and I felt like he may not "get it" in terms of what a mom may want hidden, but he was on the mark!

Checkout was a breeze, I shockingly came in at my budget (thanks to a giant Nordstrom note I earned from the anniversary sale shopping spree I went on!). I left with two pairs of pants, two blouses, one sweater and one moto jacket. The stylist walked me to my car and loaded my purchases and it was overall a great experience. I will definitely take advantage of this service again!

Let me know in the comments if you have any questions!






33a4503871d10f8ae758d7229ab2017285df064a7b0cbc4f20

No comments:

Post a Comment