Friday, August 12, 2016

Playroom makeover!

With two kids I need to get this shit out of my living room.

I think that's how all ideas for a play room begin, give or take the number of kids.

First, I purchased a bookshelf from IKEA and filled it with these adorable storage containers from Sprout. You can find a variety of animals, the colors are vibrant and your kids will love the animals. They are pretty big and I was able to categorize things like one for little people, one for blocks, another full of puzzles. My daughter even climbed into one. Even after purchasing the boxes, I went back and ordered bigger bins, like this one from Sprout. Turns out I had more things to stash away. Different animals are different prices on Amazon and they seem to change here and there. I went with the cheaper items since my kids don't care either way if it's a fox or a monkey on the bin.


 We also grabbed a nice little sofa from Ikea that turns into a sofa bed. It's pretty awesome, easy to pull out the part to make a bed. And for $599 you can't beat it - it's called FRIHETEN. Put it on top of this rug we scored for $15 and it just screams playroom.
 
 In the end, this is what we ended up with. The other tan chair was an older purchase from Ikea, and the end table was also from Ikea, it's on wheels which is great because it can be moved around easily for the kids to lean on or use to rest their juice cup.

What do you think? Any must haves for your playroom? By the way, these pictures aren't great, but it was totally destroyed immediately and I'm not cleaning up to take new pictures. You know how it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment